Problems submitting your application? Contact our webmaster for help.
Does an opportunity with a dynamic, established, forward-looking small business sound appealing? Consider SDI.
Many SDI employees have held senior level Civil Service, Military and industry technical and administrative positions prior to joining our company. Most SDI employees have over a decade of experience. We fully understand that our people are our most important asset, and we work every day to show it. We are continuing to assemble a world class technical staff because our customers deserve nothing less. We would love to talk to you about your experience and professional goals. Please explore our openings here or contact us directly.
Our focus is to provide our customers with the best supporting team. To accomplish this SDI offers generous benefits, competitive salaries and a team based work environment. Management believes in rewarding employees with growth and financial opportunities which are outstanding in our industry. If you are a motivated team player with DoD or applicable work history and great references, SDI is interested in talking to you. Thanks for your interest in SDI.
Read our employment policies here.
Senior Program Manager - 1052 Sierra Vista, AZ
Individual serving as Program Manager shall work effectively with senior military and civilian personnel at all levels, including high ranking foreign visitors. Employee shall understand functionality of US Army Aviation Systems, shall possess expert technical knowledge, and shall possess interpersonal and public speaking skills which will permit employee to advise and support command. Responsible for profit and loss of projects that have yearly revenue in excess of approximately $25 million dollars. Responsible for the management and resolution of all issues related to the levels and quality of performance versus the requirements as specified in the ACC-ORL Task Order Statement of Work (SOW) and subK/SDRLs
Human Resources Generalist - 1051 Huntsville, AL
- Carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Simulator Technician Manager - 1049 Dothan, AL
The Site Lead shall be responsible for handling the day-to-day management and administration of the Simulation Technicians.
Coordinate facility improvements and new equipment training.
Supervise technicians and support staff, ensuring that all work meets deadlines and standards for quality and accuracy.
Develop technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting, and repair for all equipment in order to back up the technicians.
Demonstrate and teach technical aspects of operating simulators.
Provide feedback to the center manager from trainees and instructors concerning acceptability of facilities and equipment for training needs.
Performs duties as a Field Service Representative for the Centralized Aviation Flight Records System(CAFRS) supporting the PM worldwide.
Global Hawk Ground Segment Technician - 1045 Beale AFB, CA
This is a full-time temporary position. The work is scheduled to end on June 30, 2017.
The Ground Segment technician will provide 24-7 support for the U.S Air Force unmanned RQ‐4B Block 20/30 variant Global Hawk real world mission. Shall coordinate and schedule with customer on daily basis of all activities to be performed. Responsible for daily mission configuration and management, asset allocation, operational readiness, removal and installation, troubleshooting, checkout, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, and COMSEC of the ground segment system. Utilizes SGI/Microsoft/Sun based computer workstations and associated Solaris‐UNIX/Windows based software to communicate with the system interfaces to recognize, diagnose, and resolve system problems per Air Force technical data and approved engineering documentation. Familiar with PC hardware and software, RF communication links, satellites, and Ethernet/ATM based networking configuration to component level only. Knowledgeable in fundamental networking and security to ensure proper IA is maintained. Must be capable of diagnosing and repair of Layer 1 cabling and connections to include Ethernet, fiber, PSTN, and serial data. Will provide continuous mission and support to air crew utilizing CRM for in-flight troubleshooting. Shall attend post-mission maintenance debrief for discrepancies. Compose technical engineering request and technical order data module updates immediately upon discovery to customer. Utilize Maintenance Data System data base to research and document all required events on a regular basis. Provide customer on-the-job task training interfacing directly with customer in the field.
Task/Site Lead - 1040 Tampa. FL
The Site Lead will manage multiple contract personnel who will be working in geographically dispersed locations. The Site Lead shall be responsible for handling the day-to-day management and administration of project tasks, developing detailed work plans and schedules, assigning staff responsibilities and supervising all staff efforts. The Site Lead shall interact continually with Government COR and any appointed Technical Representatives (TR) to discuss concerns, and ensure total product/service satisfaction. The Site Lead may be required to perform as an instructor, however Site Lead responsibilities shall take priority.
The Resident Senior Fellow supports a formalized Special Operations Research Program between USSOCOM and Service/Joint PME institutions, appropriate civilian academic research institutions, and international research centers.